You should decide go for a Swedish Massage because…
It is the Perfect Balance of Firmness and Relaxation
As you know at www.massagein.co.uk you can find all different kind of professional massage near you, from Thai to Swedish Massage.
Continuing with our series of all the different type of massage, which are the characteristics of Swedish Massage?
We all know a massage can be a real treat but chosen poorly might not bring the benefits we expect, that is why we are talking about all the massage therapists you can find out there.
First of all, what is the background and history of this kind of massage?
In the early nineteenth century, Per Henrik Ling (1776-1839, born in Sweden), also known as “the father of physiotherapy” created a system published after his death called “Medical Gymnastics” which became “Swedish Movements Cure” or “Swedish Massage System”, Today it is known as Swedish massage in all around the world, and only “classic massage” in Sweden!!
On the other hand, we would like to describe the technique :
- Long sweeping movements spreading oil, usually used at the beginning and end massage
- Muscle kneading providing sensation of calm
- Friction, deep pressure could be applied to a particular spot with the thumb
Therefore, this massage is best for:
- Muscle atrophy, sprains and strains.
- Circulation problems, lymphatic system and varicose veins.
- Osteoarthritis and scoliosis, back pain.
- As a complement to anti-cellulite treatments.
- Strengthening and toning sports treatments.
- Stimulation of health overall.
If you are looking for a Swedish Massage please have a look at our list of massage therapist near you!